Kent on Money Forum Advisors
Put simply, participating in the Kent on Money Forum serves as an opportunity for you as an advisor to grow your credibility and interaction with customer, while providing them with insight on how your services align with their goals. This is achieved by having a link to your advisor profile and services automatically included at the bottom of any question you answer, so that potential customers can enlist your services to follow through with your advice.
Note: To avoid legal complications, clients/customers cannot respond to your replies on the forum, preventing customers from being able to provide endorsements as responses to any of your posts on the Kent on Money Forum.
1. Make sure you are an advisor on the KOM advisor network already. If not, apply at www.kentonmoney.com/advisors.
2. Once approved, fill out this form: https://finplicityadvisors.wufoo.com/forms/kom-forum-advisor-sign-up/
3. After filling out the form, you will receive an automated email within the next few days with your temporary login info.
4. After you receive this email, sign in to the Kent on Money Forum with your temporary login info and visit the "Important: Getting Started" tab.
1. Change your password:
- After logging in with your temporary password, make sure to change your password to something more permanent and easy for you to remember.
- You can do this by clicking your name on the very top right corner and then click on "Account Settings."
- Then, click on "Password."
2. Set Up Notifications:
- Click on the notification bell in the top right corner of your window.
- Then, click "Notification Settings."
- Customize your settings as as shown in the pictures below.
- Make sure to save before exiting the window.
3. Signature & Profile Picture
- Make sure you have a profile picture by checking next to your name on the very top right corner.
- If there is no picture, reach out to us at email@example.com to remind us to add your picture.
- Make sure you have your signature, as this will link customers to your Kent on Money profile when you reply to their posts, attracting them to your services.
- Click on your name on the top right corner of the screen > Account Settings > Signature
- Make sure "View Signatures" is ON.
- Make sure your signature box states "Visit my Kent on Money Advisor profile at [INSERT LINK HERE]."
- If your signature is not there, reach out to us also at firstname.lastname@example.org, reminding us to do this for you.
4. Answer Customer Posts:
- You can visit the "New" tab in your forum account for all new content you can answer.
- You can visit individual forums to see if there is anything new for you to answer.
- You will receive a daily digest email with all the latest questions on the forum. From this email, you will be able to click on each question to see it its original posting on the forum. This allows you to easily answer the questions that suit your expertise. Make sure to follow the guidelines below when answering customer posts.
GUIDELINES FOR ANSWERING CUSTOMER POSTS :
Please ensure you abide by the following guidelines in your answers/replies to customer posts:
- We generally favor low-cost, passive, index investing, so avoid making specific stock recommendations.
- Avoid suggesting an investment pattern consistent with market timing.
- Ensure your answers are concise and have clarity.
Note: Your answers may be edited before they become visible to customers in order to adhere to the guidelines above or the general Kent on Money philosophy.